Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Video Game Stuff - Brave Fencer Musashi and Imports

This week I managed to get my second Sega Saturn and three import titles to play with it, though I'm a bit of a scatter brain at the moment to really dig into them. I was busy finishing my Brave Fencer Musashi review which took longer than I expected. Having replayed the game for the first time in over 10 years, I forgot it was a longer game than I originally thought. I guess that's why I was so hesitant to play the game at first for the PsychoPenguin Contest, because I was unsure if I was going to make the deadline, which I missed. Looking back now, I'm kinda glad I missed it, giving me more time to play the game thoroughly and manage to write at my own pace without rushing it out.

As for the imports, I snuck in a little bit of game time for two of them, and I'm still on the fence on whether I want to review either. My impressions of the two Sega Saturn titles so far:

Mobile Suit Gundam - This was something I actually forgot existed for the longest time, originally seeing a two page spread of the game in GameFAN magazine. An action title, it has all the makings you'd expect from a product released by Bandai: heavy reliance on voice acting and cutscenes, use of ugly CGI stills, and somewhat decent play mechanics. It's alright, but since I JUST finished playing and writing a review of Wolf Fang, it just feels really generic in comparison.

Choaniki - Yeah.... I've know about the game since, like, forever, but never had a chance to actually play it until now. The game's gimmick of manly bald men in thongs quickly wears out its welcome after just four stages, and I just wanted the game to end after that. But it kept going, and going, and going.... I actually gave up because I needed to sleep. This one I might actually review, so I'm gonna be a little reserved here. Sonic 4 Episode 2 is right around the corner though, so it's a matter of how much of a mood I'm in to write one.

No comments:

Post a Comment