Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Preparing for Sonic 4: Episode 2 + Other Talky Stuff

I decided to play a little bit of Sonic 4: Episode 1 today to get ready for the coming release of Episode 2. The game still really stinks with its awful controls and deaf-inducing soundtrack. As I said at the end of my Episode 1 review, there's really no point in purchasing a game with crappy remade stages of the Genesis titles, since you can download the original games on Xbox Live Arcade together for almost the same price. It's just pointless. I'm not really thrilled about playing Episode 2, honestly, but I'll keep an open mind when the time comes.

Anyway, I finished and submitted my review of Cho Aniki on HonestGamers a few days ago, which reduced my gaming backlog a little bit. Currently, I have Rayman and Mobile Suit Gundam for the Saturn to play through, and I'm not even sure I'll bother with the latter. The reason I got Rayman is.... surprisingly, I have never actually played through any of the games in the series, the closest being the Rayman 2 demo for Dreamcast. Since Rayman Origins came out last year, I've been itching to play it, but I have this thing where I don't like jumping into a game late in the series if I never played previous ones. In most cases, not all. So I just wanted to play the game that started it all. Dunno if I'm gonna play any of the 3D titles, though. I wasn't too impressed with the pacing of the Rayman 2 demo all those years ago, and Rayman 3 appears to be a forgettable title, since I rarely hear people talk about it.

Also in my backlog are games that aren't even in my possession yet! There's the upcoming Episode 2, and then there's the new Xbox 360 shoot-em-up release Akai Katana that I should be getting at the end of the week. While I'm not sure I'll have time for the shooter this weekend, I figure I should support the release, since we're rarely getting new shoot-em-up games nowadays... if you don't count the thousands of zombie shooters on Xbox Indie.

No comments:

Post a Comment